Monday, August 16, 2010

Gluten Free

Every day I am finding more and more things I can't eat because they are gluten filled. Today I ventured to try the gluten free bread. It is very crumbly. It doesn't taste so bad with peanut butter and jelly but you have to be careful because it will fall apart with the slightest wrong movement. Some other reviews of gluten free products:
Chocolate chip cookies-ehh, they are no chips ahoy and also crumble very easily, especially in milk
Home made chocolate chip cookies-they have the consistency of muffin tops but sort of good.
Home made pizza (I have yet to find a pizzeria that is gluten free-I don't plan on finding one. Ever)- pretty good actually! the crust is kind of lame but the rest of it is good.
Cereal: Envirokids (yes, products for children) are very good. I like how they have jungle animals on their boxes also!
Snack bars: also from Envirokids and also good with fun boxes
Pasta: same. with enough sauce.

I do have to say that I am kind of getting tired of having eggs for breakfast every day (since Gourmet Park does not carry gluten free muffins, pastries, cereal etc. and why would they? You can't do gourmet very well without wheat.) Fruit smoothies and potatoes have become a staple for lunch. I am feeling much better so I think I am going to stick with this for a while...at least until I go to Italy...

No comments:

Post a Comment