Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Street Observations...

#1: On the way to work this morning I passed a blood drive mobile. I can't give blood because I almost pass out when I have to have it taken for medical purposes. But their slogan made it even less likely for me to donate blood. On the side of the all red truck (gross) read: "We bring out the *very* best in you". That sounds like it should be a slogan for a boys and girls club or some organization increases kids' self esteem. It makes me cringe to think about what that actually implies.


#2: If you are ever in the neighborhood of Bloomingdales here is a vital piece of advice: ALWAYS pretend you are on the phone. Given the high volume of foot traffic in that area, there are people from every type of organization trying to get you to sign up for something. It ranges from everything from hair care promotions to the ASPCA. They are really good with the guilt trip but can't they tell that I am in a rush by the speed at which I am walking? Does it look like I have time to talk about how much I pay to get my hair done? No.

No comments:

Post a Comment